Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Provincial-Level Projection of the Current Mountain Pine Beetle Outbreak
Year 5 Results (Obsolete)
In the past year (2007/2008), the beetle projection portion of the model has been slightly altered and projections updated based on the results of the 2007 Provincial Aerial Overview of Forest Health. This work represents "updates" to the efforts of Year 4. The current projection results do not project the forest management response to the current outbreak.
- Infestation Projection: updated to include the 2007 Provincial Aerial Overview of Forest Health
- Methods updates: describing revisions and enhancements to the model resulting in BCMPB.v5
Management Unit Summaries
- Timber harvesting land base summaries and projection of the infestation by management unit (no forest harvesting); Warning: 29 MB
- Projection of the infestation (no forest harvesting); 125 KB
The following series of cartographic maps represents the state of the outbreak as seen in 2007, and as projected for 3 different years in the future. They are PDF files approximately 2 megabytes in size.
- Observed percentage of pine volume killed (red- and grey-attack) in 2007
- Projection of percentage of pine volume killed (red- and grey-attack) by 2008
- Projection of percentage of pine volume killed (red- and grey-attack) by 2012
- Projection of percentage of pine volume killed (red- and grey-attack) by 2016
Ministry contact: Adrian Walton.