Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Provincial-Level Projection of the Current Mountain Pine Beetle Outbreak
Year 2 Results (Obsolete)
Background information for the first 2 years of the project, funded by the Federal Mountian Pine Beetle Initiative, including a workplan and the results of related workshops are provided.
The main report for year 2 of the project provides a summary description of the model and outlines the principal results and conclusions
Additional information that supports the main report is provided:
- Appendices to the year 2 main report
- Printable wall maps representing some of the important input data.
- Printable wall maps representing a projection of the the outbreak.
Visual representations of the results of the model's projection of the reference scenario are provided. The reference scenario includes a projection of the outbreak and our forest management response.
- An 'automatic animation' (this is 1.5 megs so it may take a while to load).
- An 'automatic animation' (this is 2.2 megs so it may take a while to load).
Ministry contact: Adrian Walton.