Action – Arrange to visit an area with edge modification treatments.
Key points, before visiting the site…
- Obtain a description of the treatment history, productivity and costs.
- Find out if the treatment included an evaluation of windthrow risk
and expected level of damage without treatment.
- Enquire whether the treatment plan included an evaluation of the effectiveness
of treatment at reducing damage.
- Consider the operational variables for the treatment (tree height,
branch size, percent of crown removed, tree classes treated).
- Consider alternative edge modification strategies and equipment that
might have been employed.