Web Site Issues
Are you experiencing problems with the web site?
What are the computer requirements to use this course?
- You will need a computer using the Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP operating system, a web browser, and an Internet connection. Internet Explorer is the recommended browser.
Why cant I see all of the web page on my screen?
- If you are using a monitor set to a 640 x 480 pixel resolution, you
will need to use the browsers horizontal scroll bars to see some
of the pictures and text at the right-hand side of the screen.You may
wish to use your computers Help feature to change
your screen resolution to 800 x 600 or higher.
How can I navigate the lessons?
- You may use the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen,
or if you are looking for a specific page, use the course map by clicking
on the Course Map button in the top right corner of every
I clicked a link and cant use the back button to return to the course.
- Some of the links in the course open inside of a new browser window.
You can close the new window and return to the previous window, which
should contain the Windthrow Course.
What does the
- This icon indicates that a larger version of an image is available
for viewing. Click the image or the magnifier icon to view the larger image.
What does the
- This icon indicates that more information is available for viewing.
Click the image to view more information.
What is the jump page?
- This is the ministry starting point for the Windthrow course.
When I try to answer the quiz questions, I can check the boxes, but
do not see a pop-up window showing whether my answer is correct. Whats
on your answers. Use your browsers Help feature to
if it is turned off.
Ive checked all of the check boxes on a quiz question, and ALL of them say Not Correct!
- You need to use the reset button to clear the check boxes before trying another answer, or click again on the check box with the incorrect answer to clear away the checkmark. When you select the correct answer, the pop-up window will say Thats Correct!
Are the quizzes graded?
- No, the quiz questions are not graded or recorded. They are an opportunity for you to test your own understanding of the information you have learned.
How do I arrange to visit an area with edge modification treatments?
- Contact your local Ministry of Forests or forest industry office and ask to speak with someone knowledgeable about windthrow. Ask them if there are any edge modification trials or treatments in your area and where they are located.