- Explain the difference between the two types of strip clearcut systems.
- In what Canadian stand type(s) has strip clearcutting been mostly applied in? In what other British Columbia stand types do you think strip clearcutting might be most applicable?
- Describe the two types of seed tree systems.
- Explain the difference between the current European application of the uniform shelterwood system and the general approach that must be used in BC.
- Draw a diagram of a strip selection system and describe the harvesting entries as per their intent. Suggest some variations of this system.
- Describe a simple group shelterwood and two variations of this approach.
- What is an irregular shelterwood and what are some advantages of this system?
- Describe the difference between a natural shelterwood and a nurse-tree shelterwood.
- What are the two most important aspects of single tree selection structural regulation?
- Describe some advantages of group selection over single tree selection.
- How does a strip selection differ from a strip shelterwood?
Back to top of page.