- What is the difference between clearcutting in terms of a silvicultural system and clearcutting as a style of logging?
- Describe all the differences between a seed tree system and a shelterwood system in both function and structure.
- Describe the four potential shelterwood harvesting entries and the goals for each entry.
- When does a seed tree system become a shelterwood system? What density of trees constitutes a seed tree as opposed to a shelterwood? Explain why these are difficult questions to answer.
- A successful selection system depends on two principles of uneven-aged management. What are they?
- What is selective logging and what is its relationship to the selection system?
- Explain the coppice system and suggest how it may be applied in BC.
- Define patch cut and explain why it is presented separately from the clearcut system.
- Why might we use the seed tree with reserves system? Can other systems also be used with reserves?
Back to top of page.