After completing this chapter you should be able to:
- explain the meaning of a silvicultural system
- appreciate the importance of accurate and consistent silvicultural system terminology
- differentiate between even-aged and uneven-aged management
- appreciate the role of the silvicultural system in forest management.
- silvicultural system
- stand structural objectives
- resource management objectives
What You Will Learn
Terms to Remember
The Meaning of "Silviculture"
What is a Silvicultural System?
The Origins of Our Silvicultural Systems
What are Stand Structural Objectives?
Even-aged Versus Uneven-aged Stands
Remember the Intent of the Silvicultural System