Root Disease Identification Field Session
Exercise Ideas for Root Disease Identification in the Field
- Learn how to identify actual cases of root disease in the field.
- Be able to identify and describe the associated root disease fungus encountered in the field exercise for selected trees or given specimens.
- Actively engage in identification of root disease.
- Conduct identification in different parts of the site, and return with, if possible, samples; be prepared to identify and discuss what you've found.
- Discuss the level of disease observed in light of Step 2 in the Five-Phase Management Process.
- Discuss forest practices which could help/hurt the root disease observed.
[Participant's Guide Table of Contents]
[Root Disease Management Course Home Page]