When workers are injured it is the employer's responsibility to:
- Arrange for immediate and continuing first aid treatment of
- Have vehicle or boat ready for use at appropriate location when
necessary. Written procedures for transporting patients must be
formulated and adhered to.
- If emergency transportation is required, contact nearest doctor or
transportation carrier. Maintain continual attendence at your
communication centre. If difficulty is encountered in establishing
contact, try alternative methods, or seek assistance to have
message relayed. Describe nature of emergency including estimate
of injury severity and age of worker involved. Advise whether
patient is stretcher case or not.
Be prepared - plan
- To prevent further aggravation of injuries
- To give injured workers the best treatment obtainable in the shortest possible time.
Transportation of injured workers
Every employer shall, at their own expense, furnish to
any worker injured in their employment, when necessary,
immediate conveyance and transportation to a hospital or
physician or qualified practitioner for initial treatment.