- What are my responsibilities for health and safety?
- What do I need to do to prepare for work as a tree
planter? What type of physical conditioning exercises
are needed? What tools, equipment, clothing and
protective equipment are required?
- What training will I receive, and will it include training on
the use of protective equipment? When will I receive this
- What are the job hazards associated with tree planting,
and what are the specific site hazards at the
location(s) where I will be working?
- How often are safety meetings held and what is my role
in these meetings?
- Where is first aid and other emergency equipment located
(e.g., fire fighting tools, fire extinguishers, etc.)?
- How do I get help when an injury occurs, and who needs
to be informed about the injury?
- What are the emergency transportation plans for injured
persons, and what are the other emergency plans (e.g.,
forest fires, etc.)?
- What type of accidents need to be reported and to whom
do I report them?
- Who do I ask if I have more questions?