|Other sources of information
that may be useful for making a stock type selection can be found in:
- Planting spot selection: Matching seedlings with microsite. Video.
Ministry of Forests, Silviculture Branch. 1992.
- Seed planning and registry (SPAR) seedling information and seedling
request user guide. Ministry of Forests, Silviculture Branch. 1992.
- Seed planning and registry (SPAR) operating instructions. Ministry of
Forests, Silviculture Branch. 1992.
- Stock handling. Video. Ministry of Forests, Silviculture Branch. 1989.
- Nursery to planting site: a team effort. Brochure. Ministry of Forests,
Silviculture Branch. 1990.
- Working with your forest seedling nursery: Tips to selecting, ordering,
and inspecting stock. FRDA Memo 176. 1991.
- Fundamentals of mechanical site preparation. FRDA Report 178. 1992.
- Diseases and insects in British Columbia forest seedling nurseries. FRDA
Report 065. 1990.
- Tree seed centre A guide to cone and seed services. Ministry of
Forests, Silviculture Branch, Tree Seed Centre. 1992.
- Stock trading procedures. Ministry of Forests, Silviculture Branch.
- Regenerating British Columbia's forests. University of British Columbia
- Establishment to free growing guidebooks. Province of British Columbia.
- Summer frost in young forest plantations. FRDA Report 073. 1989.
- Identification and management of summer frost-prone sites in the Cariboo
Forest Region. FRDA Report 157. 1990.
- Planter screefs may increase frost heaving. Ministry of Forests, Forest
Practices Branch. Regeneration Note 4. 1994.
- Measures to reduce overwinter injury to planted spruce in the boreal
forest of B.C. FRDA Report 254. October, 1996.
- Static tests of lodgepole pine stability in the central interior of
British Columbia. M.J. Krasowski, C. Hawkins, H. Coates, and P.K. Ott. Can. Jour. For.
Res. 26. pages 14631472. (Erratum published CJFR 27, page 6018, 1997).
- Water relations, survival and growth of Douglas-fir seedlings at a
pinegrass dominated site in south-central British Columbia. FRDA Memo No. 121, 1989.
- Seedling microclimate. FRDA Report 130.1990.
- High elevation regeneration strategies for subalpine and montane forests
of coastal British Columbia. FRDA Report 229. 1995.
- Field performance of several tree species and stock types planted in
montane forests of coastal British Columbia. CFS Information Report BC-X-347. 1994.
- Forest regeneration in the ESSFa subzone: a problem analysis. FRDA
Report 118. 1990.
- Forest regeneration in the ESSF zone of north-central British Columbia.
CFS Information Report BC-X-351. 1994.
- Ecology and silviculture of interior spruce in British Columbia. FRDA
Report 220. 1994.
- Thawing guidelines for tree seedlings. Ministry of Forests Nursery
- Seedling barrier protection from deer and elk browse. Ministry of
- Aspen managers' handbook for British Columbia. FRDA Report No. 230.
- Red alder manager's handbook for British Columbia. FRDA Report 240.
- Paper birch manager's handbook for British Columbia. FRDA Report. 1997.
- Black cottonwood and balsam poplar manager's handbook for British
Columbia. FRDA Report 250. 1996.
- A field guide to regeneration of salal-dominated cedar-hemlock (CH)
sites in the CWHvm1. University of British Columbia. 1996.
- Ministry of Forests silviculture manual. Chapter 6 Planting. 1995.
- Reducing mammal damage to plantations and juvenile stands in young
forests of B.C.; Operational Summary. FRDA Report 153. 1990.
- Effectiveness of reflective tarpaulins in protecting tree seedlings
against heat stress. Feric Report TR115. April 1996.
- Seedling transportation: Effect of mechanical shocks on seedling
performance. Feric Report TR114. January 1996.