The purposes of this guide are:
1. To identify the willow species that occur on disturbed sites in north-central British Columbia;
2. To provide descriptions and keys which researchers may use to recognize the species either in the field or in the herbarium;
3. To describe the ecological and geographical patterns of distribution and abundance of the species;
4. To describe the patterns of seasonal change in the vegetative and reproductive stages of the most abundant willow species; and
5. To characterize each species according to its use as winter moose forage.
Download FRH004 PDF file (2181 KB)
To view this document you need the current version of
Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free from the
Adobe Web Site.
Updated October 24, 2008