This report includes:
1) some background to aspects of forest management in Fennoscandian that influence silvicultural practice and technology transfer;
2) a synopsis of past and future directions in site preparation and reforestation;
3) guidelines and considerations affecting forest regeneration;
4) a description of the main implements considered to be appropriate for use in Canada;
5) some implications for BC; and
6) appendices summarizing technical information.
This report describes lessons British Columbia forest Managers can learn from the silvicultural methods employed in Sweden and Finland.
FRDA Research Report 031 (4199 KB)
To view this document you need the current version of
Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free from the
Adobe Web Site.
Updated July 24, 2015