Research Branch, together with the Forest Science sections in the regions, comprise the Forest Science Program. The Branch's three sections - Ecology and Earth Sciences, Forest Genetics, and Forestry and Technical Services - undertake research and provide consultation and extension services in a broad range of disciplines, including tree breeding, growth and yield, and ecosystem classification and correlation. Although each section has its unique specialties, many research initiatives are interdisciplinary. Our team of talented individuals contributes applied and innovative, leading-edge knowledge to help achieve ministry goals:
- to support science-informed policy development
- to conduct research to provide knowledge for present and future policies
- to maintain high scientific standards
- to facilitate co-operation with the wider forest science community
- to communicate and extend research results and scientific knowledge.
Download Brochure 86 PDF file (264 KB)
To view this document you need the current version of
Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free from the
Adobe Web Site.
Updated September 10, 2009