|Forest Investment Account (FIA) - Land Base Investment Program - Innovative|
|FIA Project 6440002|
|Arrowsmith TSA second growth operability project: 2005-06 results [2006/07 Project Description Only]|
|Project lead: International Forest Products Ltd.|
|Imprint: Vancouver, BC : J.S. Thrower and Associates Ltd., 2006|
|Subject: Forest Investment Account (FIA), Timber Supply Areas (B.C.)|
|Series: Forest Investment Account (FIA) - Land Base Investment Program - Innovative|
|TIPSY is the Ministry of Forests and Range (MOFR) growth & yield model used to develop 2nd growth volume and value estimates. It is widely understood that TIPSY provides poor estimates of second growth value as it does not accurately portray changing grade distributions over time.|
The proposed methods are:
1) Develop yield curves for the main species mix in stands < 100 years in each management unit.
2) Use TIPSY to produce VOLUME outputs up to 100 years for each polygon.
3) Use proprietary methods to develop changing grade distributions for each species mix/site class over time.
4) Link the grade distributions to the appropriate yield curve and use Interfor selling price by grade to produce stand value.
5) The output will be a polygon-level value and a volume over time for each polygon.
|Contact: Robertson, Hamish, (604) 739-1789, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Updated August 17, 2010
Please direct questions or comments regarding publications to For.Prodres@gov.bc.ca