Source: Office of the Auditor General of Canada
Other details: Published 2006.
This report examines the federal government's approach to climate change; economic and environmental impacts of climate change in Canada and the development of adaptation strategies; Natural Resources Canada programs and private sector efforts in greenhouse gas reduction; federal progress in meeting climate change commitments; and new environment petitions received in the previous year, government responses to them, and federal progress in encouraging the use of green power. It makes recommendations for government action in the areas of energy development, planning, science, adaptation, governance, and leadership.
- The Commissioner's Perspective - 2006 (PDF 832KB)
- Chapter 1 - Managing the Federal Approach to Climate Change (PDF 783KB)
- Chapter 2 - Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change (PDF 642KB)
- Chapter 3 - Reducing Greenhouse Gases Emitted During Energy Production and Consumption (PDF 527KB)
- Chapter 4 - Sustainable Development Strategies (PDF 532KB)
- Chapter 5 - Environmental Petitions (PDF 1192KB)