Pursuant to Section 47.4 of the Forest Act, the district manager may
issue a licence to cut to a person who purchases or occupies land and does not
otherwise have the right to harvest Crown timber from the land.
- Obtain or print a copy of this form:
for a licence to cut.
- The following information must be completed on your application form.
- Please ensure the area is within the
Sea to Sky Natural Resource
- The date of application.
- A description of the location of the proposed licence to cut.
- Under what type of tenure is the land occupied.
- The tenure number (file number and/or lease number).
- Estimated volume in cubic metres.
- Indicate whether or not the area has been surveyed.
- Telephone number
- Fax number if possible
- Postal Code
- Applicant’s signature
- Date signed
- Date of birth
- BC driver’s licence number
- Corporation Registration number (if applicable)
- A valid copy of your Occupational Tenure with map must be
included with your application.
- An appropriate map (i.e. forest cover map) at a scale of 1:20 000
showing the cutting area must be included with your application. A forest
cover map may be obtained at
- A completed copy of your licence to cut application package should be
Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Sea to Sky Natural Resource District
101-42000 Loggers Lane
Squamish British Columbia
Attn: Resource Officer
The district manager will determine the disposition of the timber.
In compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
Act, the personal information collected in this permit will not be used for
any purpose other than enforcing the legislation and regulations under which it