Procedures for Reporting Finds

If you think you have discovered an archaeological site, please contact the Archaeology Branch by telephone at (250) 953-3334.

You also may want to contact the archaeology or anthropology department of your closest university or college, as they may be able to give you some insights into what you have found.

Additionally, you may want to contact a professional archaeologist. For information on archaeologists who provide assessment services, you can contact the BC Association of Professional Archaeologists, or look in the yellow pages of your telephone directory under ‘Archaeologists.’

For more information, please see: