Publications and Downloads
Invasive Plant Program Reference Guide
- The Reference Guide Part I covers the business of invasive plant management, including prevention, planning, inventory, monitoring, and different treatment types.
- The IAPP Reference Guide Part II, is the comprehensive, fully illustrated manual for IAPP Data Entry Version 1.6 [pdf, 2.6 MB]
- The Reference Guide Part III explains how to optimize your use of Map Display, including the state-of-the-art Report-A-Weed wizard. [pdf, 1.9 MB]
Technical Reports & Dichotomous Keys
Core Invasive Plant Ranking Process Tool
Invasive Plant Species publications
Invasive Plants - Impacts & Control Methods
The IAPP Application Training Materials
- The in-class slide presentation - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET STARTED. A large document, but it contains lots of information!
(96 slides - pdf document, 14.5MB)
- Structure of the IAPP data entry module, the techie and non-techie version
(2 pages - pdf document, 2.2MB)
- Benefits of a relational database versus spreadsheets, and how to enter Site, Survey and Treatment data into IAPP!
(4 pages - pdf document, 516KB)
- Visual representation of data entry flow
(1 page - pdf document, 260KB)
- Introduction to the UTM coordinate system
(2 pages - pdf document, 644KB)
- Quick guide to estimating areas in Ha.
(1 page - pdf document, 13KB)
- Some of the more commonly used IAPP codes
(3 pages - pdf document, 292KB)
- The complete IAPP plant list in Excel sheet format so you can sort as desired. All 202 plants listed as of January 2012, with columns for Genus Code, Species Code, Latin name, Common name, and Map Label.
(Excel 2003 spreadsheet, 14KB)
- Map label legend, the list of 2-letter codes used in Map Display
(5 pages, pdf document, 31KB)
- Visual overview of the 4 containment lines in IAPP. Includes location UTMs and zoom levels for easy location of the Marsh plume thistle, Field scabious, Common tansy, and Blueweed containment lines in IAPP as of 2011.
(6 pages - pdf document, 1MB)
- Describing ecosystems in the field. The publication from which the distribution and density codes were adopted.
(231 pages - pdf document, 13MB)
Biocontrol Agents - Operational Field Guides
Biocontrol Manuals & Handbooks
Biocontrol Info Pages