The Invasive Plant Program Reference Guide
The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Invasive Plant Program Reference Guide is a resource manual for all agencies and partners involved in invasive plant management in British Columbia. The Guide is divided into four parts:
- Part 1: Understanding the business of invasive plant management
- Part 2: Using the Invasive Alien Plant Program (IAPP) application Data Entry module
- Part 3: Using the IAPP application Map Display module
- Part 4: Appendices
The Reference Guide parts 1, 2 and 3 have been rewritten to correspond with the IAPP application Version 1.6 and are now available for viewing and download below.
Reference Guide Part I
This part of the Guide covers the business of invasive plant management, including prevention, planning, inventory, monitoring, and different treatments. The entire version of the Reference Guide Part I can be downloaded here.
All 10 modules of the Guide Part I may be viewed or downloaded individually as well. They are:
Reference Guide Part II
This part of the Guide provides explicit and detailed instructions on how to access and use the IAPP Application Data Entry module, with a wealth of illustrations and examples. Download and/or view the entire Reference Guide Part II here.
The 12 modules of the Guide Part II may be viewed or downloaded in a few separate sets as well. They are:
- Introduction and Module 2.1 - Understanding the IAPP Application Data Entry Module
- Modules 2.2 - 2.4 - Adding a New Site; Adding a New Plant and Survey to an Existing Site; Adding Images
- Modules 2.5 - 2.8 - Entering Mechanical, Chemical and Biological Treatment and Monitoring Data; Entering Biological Dispersal Data
- Modules 2.9 - 2.12 and Summary - The Within Agency Administrative Area module; Using Containment Lines in IAPP; Searches, Extracts and Reports; Planning Future Activities; Summary
Reference Guide Part III
This part of the Guide explains how to ensure maximum benefit and optimal information gathering through the use of the IAPP Map Display module, including the use of Report-A-Weed. Download and/or view the entire Reference Guide Part III here.
Reference Guide Part IV
This part of the Guide gathers together all the forms and reference materials you may need in order to conduct your invasive plant management activities in an informed and effective manner. Download and/or view the entire Reference Guide Part IV here.